1.7. Start of the engine from the auxiliary power supply
Use of the auxiliary power supply will help to make start of the engine in an extreme situation, however then it is necessary to find out and remove the battery discharge cause. Are among the most typical reasons:
- Carrying out numerous unsuccessful attempts of start of the engine, or leaving of lighting fixtures included for a long time at the idle engine;
- Violation of serviceability of functioning of system of charging (driving belt of the generator weakened or is torn off, electrical wiring is damaged, or the generator is faulty);
- Malfunction of actually rechargeable battery (electrolyte level fell, or there was accumulator service life).
When performing start of the engine from the external power supply it is necessary to pay attention to observance of some special precautionary measures:
- It is not necessary to try to start the engine from the frozen rechargeable battery, - previously warm up it;
- Start of the engine from the auxiliary power supply has to be made only at the cold power unit and the catalytic converter;
- It is not necessary to carry out start by means of the device for the accelerated charging of the rechargeable battery;
- Before connecting the auxiliary battery, make sure that ignition is switched off;
- Use only cables with sufficient cross section and with the isolated plugs;
- Track that all consumers of the electric power (lighting and heating fixtures, screen wipers, etc.) were also switched off;
- Put on protective gloves and glasses;
- Make sure that the auxiliary battery on the output tension corresponds to established;
- If as the auxiliary power supply the battery installed on other vehicle is used, track that cars did not adjoin with each other;
- The donor car engine, has to work at single turns;
- Make sure that transmission is established in the provision of neutral transfer (RKPP) or in situation "P" (AT);
- Remove ventilating covers from the discharged battery and cover openings with rags.
- Connect the end of one wire (usually red color) to the positive plug of the sat-down battery or to plus contact in a motive compartment. Connect the second end of this wire to the positive plug of the auxiliary battery.
- Connect one end of the second wire (usually black color) of to the negative plug of the auxiliary battery or to a weight point (top fastening of a forward rack or the block of cylinders). Connect the second end of a black wire to reliably grounded point on the block of the started engine (bolt or an arm), whenever possible far away from the battery.
- Make sure that connecting wires do not adjoin to moving components in motive compartments of both cars (krylchatka of the fan, driving belts, etc.).
- Supporting the frequency of rotation of a bent shaft of the donor car at the level of 2000 rpm, perform the standard procedure of start of the engine of the car with the discharged battery then let's it work several minutes on the raised turns.
- For the purpose of prevention of throws of tension at the time of a detachment of an electrical wiring include a heater of back glass and the fan of a heater, then disconnect wires, working as it should be, return to an order of their connection. Do not forget to install the removed ventilating covers on the battery.